Coleman Propane Tank Adapter, St Margaret's Church History, Lee Adama Leaves Galactica, 100% Pure Cosmetics Where To Buy, Facts About Colombia, Gsi Pinnacle Base Camper, Coleman Pop-up Camper Lift System Diagram, Diez Ten, Reminiscence Synonyms In French, …" /> Coleman Propane Tank Adapter, St Margaret's Church History, Lee Adama Leaves Galactica, 100% Pure Cosmetics Where To Buy, Facts About Colombia, Gsi Pinnacle Base Camper, Coleman Pop-up Camper Lift System Diagram, Diez Ten, Reminiscence Synonyms In French, …" /> Coleman Propane Tank Adapter, St Margaret's Church History, Lee Adama Leaves Galactica, 100% Pure Cosmetics Where To Buy, Facts About Colombia, Gsi Pinnacle Base Camper, Coleman Pop-up Camper Lift System Diagram, Diez Ten, Reminiscence Synonyms In French, …" />

The HMG Windrider 3400 is the pack of choice for PCT thru-hikers who are looking for a backpack that is super comfortable, durable, and functional. I find this to be a poorly placed spot for the ice axe. I used a white HMG 3400 Southwest for the PCT and Annapurna Circuit, and a black HMG Windrider 3400 for the rest. The compression straps are one of our complaints with the Windrider. The area at your lower back uses the same padded mesh as found in the hipbelt. They are both very well rounded and fully capable of taking on more intense trips than the big three long trails. As a result, the Windrider 3400 earned one of highest durability scores in our review. You’ll also get access to my FREE 15+ page ebook - 50 Ultralight Backpacking Tips. It's also the only pack that would reach the waist if you put your legs inside to bivy. All trademarks property of their respective owners I love helping people to get out and hike by writing articles on backpacking skills and ultralight gear.. Read More. The shoulder straps have just enough padding to be comfortable without being overly bulky and heavy. Reproduction without permission is prohibited. The most distinguishing feature of this pack is its waterproof main pack fabric and seam-taped construction. GearLab is reader-supported. The water bottle pockets on the HMG Windrider are also made from the same mesh as the back pocket. Made from, Body: 50D Dyneema®/Poly hybrid for white version, Body: 150D Dyneema®/Poly hybrid for black version, Bottom: Double reinforced 150D Dyneema®/Poly hybrid, Three external mesh pockets -- Makes it easy to see what's in your pockets and allows gear to dry faster, Dyneema® Hardline shoulder straps with 3/8” closed cell foam and spacer mesh, Roll-Top closure system with side compression straps for vertical compression, Side compression straps for horizontal compression, Top Y-strap compression -- Designed to secure gear, Dyneema® Hardline zippered pockets on hip belt with #5 YKK zipper, Adjustable sternum strap with self-tensioning elastic, Hydro port and internal mesh hydro sleeve, Four exterior triglide buckles for optional pack accessory straps, Proprietary seam sealing on all side seams and behind all sewn-on pack features, Hyperlite Mountain Gear manufactures a line of ultralight backpacks designed for everything from a quick day trip to an extended expedition. The ice axe loop is just below the back pocket in the dead center. I find it is worth the extra money to go for the Black 150D Dyneema Composite Fabric over the 50D white. Both models come in either a 50 denier (white) or 150 denier (black) Dyneema Composite Fabric (DCF) material. The 3400 Windrider is our high-performance 55L ultralight backpacking pack, constructed with 100% waterproof Dyneema Composite Fabrics – formerly Cuben Fiber – and ideal for section or thru hikes where room for more food or gear is needed. Hyperlite Mountain Gear uses a simple velcro closure at the top of the main compartment. While the compression straps perform poorly for reducing the girth of the main bag, straps on the sides that can be used with the roll-top buckles can also easily be used to reduce the main compartment's height vertically. While many thru-hikers have been happy with their Windriders, our testing showed that there are packs that offer both better performance and value. I don’t usually use it to compress my pack as much as I do to slip a Tenkara fishing rod or ice axe behind them and tighten it down to my pack. The frame system is two aluminum frame stays that slip into channels inside the main compartment of the pack. I have used Hyperlite Mountain Gear packs for the past 5 years clocking over 6,500 miles with them. A single ice axe loop is appreciated, but better lashing to secure it would be nice. It also allows for different pockets to be strapped onto them. Achieve your optimal hiking speed, efficiency and comfort with HMG streamlined 3400 Windrider ultralight pack. Two hip belt pockets are larger than average, but not big enough to be in the way. If you need any help with torso sizing or have any other questions we will be happy to assist you. Our Editors independently research, test, and rate the best products. We recommend the following to determine yours: Tilt your head slightly forward to locate the bony bump at the base of your neck. I absolutely adore both of them. Durability for any of the packs is not gonna be an issue, both will hold up to 1 or more thru hikes no problem. This is not ideal as the bottom spike of the ice axe puts unnecessary wear on the water bottle pocket. While the foam seems quite thin, it is surprisingly comfortable when below a 30 lb load. Let’s find out! When used with ultralight Dyneema® Composite stuff sacks, their gear provides a rainproof system for your excursion. As a result, the Windrider 3400 earned one of highest durability scores in our review. It would also play much nicer with the front pocket were it to one side rather than on center. Ultralight and highly water-resistant, it's made for strenuous, rewarding days. Join today to receive articles about Ultralight Backpacking, Thru-Hiking and in-depth Gear Guides & Reviews delivered straight to your inbox. Ample external storage in mesh pockets is a much appreciated feature. It has no place to sit streamlined to the pack. Body: 50D Dyneema®/Poly hybrid for white versionBody: 150D Dyneema®/Poly hybrid for black versionBottom: Double reinforced 150D Dyneema®/Poly hybridExternal Pockets: MeshWEIGHT902g | 1.98 lbs | 31.82 oz (White)987g | 2.17 lbs | 34.82 oz (Black)Weight may vary slightly by torso size.CHARACTERISTIC, Three external mesh pockets -- Makes it easy to see what's in your pockets and allows gear to dry fasterRemovable, contoured aluminum staysDyneema® Hardline shoulder straps with 3/8” closed cell foam and spacer mesh1/4” foam back panel padCompression System, Dyneema® Hardline dual-density hip belt with 1/8” closed cell rigid foam, 1/4" closed cell foam and spacer meshDyneema® Hardline zippered pockets on hip belt with #5 YKK zipperAdjustable sternum strap with self-tensioning elasticIce Axe loopHydro port and internal mesh hydro sleeveFour exterior triglide buckles for optional pack accessory strapsProprietary seam sealing on all side seams and behind all sewn-on pack features, If you don't know which one would best meet your needs, here is a short comparison of HMG backpacks. Product successfully added to your shopping cart, You have successfully subscribed to this product, 55 liters + external | from 902g white, 987g black | Load up to 18kg | 50D/150D Dyneema®. The Windrider is one of the only backpacks we tested that is essentially waterproof. The two straps on each side are outside the mesh pockets, and the lower one is virtually useless if you want to be able to access the side pockets.

Coleman Propane Tank Adapter, St Margaret's Church History, Lee Adama Leaves Galactica, 100% Pure Cosmetics Where To Buy, Facts About Colombia, Gsi Pinnacle Base Camper, Coleman Pop-up Camper Lift System Diagram, Diez Ten, Reminiscence Synonyms In French,